- Odate-Noshiro Airport: Scheduled services are operational while remote air support facilities operations are suspended;
- Sendai Airport: The airport has been closed since 15:06 on 11-Mar-2011. A Japanese military technical squad is now on site. More than 200 wrecked vehicles and rubble of destroyed houses litters the runway, taxiways and and apron. A clean-up operations started on 14-Mar-2011 and buildings, facilities and infrastructure are being checked for damage and repair assessment;
- Misawa Airport: Scheduled services are operating. However, due to power failure, gates are operated manually;
- Hanamaki Airport: The terminal building is unable to be used due to a collapsed ceiling with scheduled services being cancelled. It is expected the terminal building will resume operations on 17-Mar-2011. In response to the increase of rescue aircraft, 24-hour operation will be introduced for non-scheduled services such as relief flights. The normal operational hours for the airport are 08:00-19:30;
- Fukushima Airport: 24-hour operation introduced in response to the increase of earthquake aid flights. Normal operational hours are 08:00-20:00. Scheduled flights are also being operated. 20 extra sections were operated on 13-Mar-2011. However, the glass windows in the control tower have been completely destroyed;
- Ibaraki Airport: Unable to use terminal building due to collapsed ceiling. The terminal building is expected to resume operations on 14-Mar-2011 with Skymark and Spring Airlines services. Asiana Airlines, however, has temporarily cancelled operations to/from the airport;
- Yamagata Airport: At the request of Yamagata Prefectural government, 24-hour operations have been occurring since 12-Mar-2011. Normal hours of operation are 08:00 to 19:30.
Scheduled services are being operated. There has been no damage to the airport;
- Aomori Airport: Scheduled services are operating. There has been no damage to the airport;
- Shonai Airport: Scheduled services are operating. There has been no damage to the airport;
- Akita Airport: Scheduled services are operating. There has been no damage to the airport;
- Niigata Airport: Scheduled services are operating. There has been no damage to the airport.
MLIT also stated that 121 services have been cancelled in the Tohoku area: One in Akita, 10 in Hanamaki, 90 in Sendai, 10 in Fukushima, eight in Ibaraki and two in Odate-Nohsiro. There were 20 extra services on 14-Mar-2011 with an anticipated four extra services to be conducted on 15-Mar-2011.