CAAC reported China’s aviation industry has returned to profitability in Apr-2012 after two consecutive months of losses in Feb-2012 and Mar-2012. Financial highlights in Apr-2012, as reported by Yicai, are as follows:
- Revenue: CNY32,100 million (USD5016 million), +9.8% year-on-year;
- Fuel: 26,750 million (USD4180 million), +12%;
- Profit: CNY1840 million (USD287.5 million), -46%;
- Passenger numbers: 26.1 million, +6.9%;
- Cargo volume: 445,000 tonnes, -6.9%.
According to CAAC, China's aviation reported a loss of CNY180 million (USD28.1 million) in Mar-2012 and a loss of CNY540 million (USD84.4 million) in Feb-2012.