- Passenger numbers: 2.4 million, +6.0% year-on-year;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +3.6%;
- Passenger load factor: 81.4%, +3.2 ppts;
- Capacity (ASKs): -0.4%;
- Cargo volume: 128,610 tonnes, -4.4%;
- Cargo load factor: 59.3%, -3.5 ppts;
- Flights: 5848, +3.2%. [more – original PR]
Cathay Pacific: “Demand in the premium cabins usually picks up as we enter into the corporate travel peak, and our performance has been in line with expectations, with improvements in both yield and load factor. Our short-haul routes did well, with the Mid Autumn Festival spurring leisure traffic out of Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan and Korea. However, Typhoon Usagi had a negative impact on our business, and currencies continued to work against us,” James Tong, Cathay Pacific General Manager Revenue Management. Source: Company statement, 17-Oct-2013.