- Passenger numbers: 230.3 million, +6.8% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 122.7 million, +4.8%;
- International: 105.4 million, +9.3%;
- Cargo volume: 4.8 million tonnes, +22.5%;
- Domestic: 1.4 million tonnes, +10.2%;
- International: 3.2 million tonnes, +30.3%. [more]
ACI: "Obviously, these figures need to be looked at with caution as the reference month was the worst month in 2009. That being said, the results remain encouraging. Also, the healthy pattern of international traffic outperforming domestic traffic has returned for the first time since November 2008. The need and desire for international travel is bouncing back and is once again set to lead the industry's growth," Andreas Schimm, ACI World Director Economics. Source: ACI, 31-Mar-2010.