CAPA Leading Edge is the Centre for Aviation's general blog featuring airline strategy developments, market comparisons, executive interviews and airframer updates.
- Delta will only partially fill gap left by indefinite postponement of start-up Saipan Air
- Macedonia gets big LCC boost following subsidised Wizz Air expansion
- Caribbean’s new London flights continue to suffer setbacks [1 comment]
- Delta continues to perform surgery on its Memphis hub [1 comment]
- Peach reports strong first month of LCC operations, but at expense of declining ANA traffic
Birdstrike is where to wind down with quirky aviation news and find out what happens when turtles cross runways, a cat gets lost at the airport and CEOs hold in-flight toilet paper races.
- It could be true... Canadian cabin crew, Spanish ATC controllers and Qantas pilots form coalition
- It could be true... Spanglish becomes official language of IAG & other news briefs
- It could be true... Alaska Airlines launches new moose rule
- It could be true... London-Amsterdam Air-Bridge concept studied by UK government
- It could be true... BHP to acquire world’s listed airlines
Southern Contrails is CAPA's blog devoted to the Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Island markets. CAPA uniquely takes an industry perspective on strategy, partners and alliances, routes and more in this dynamic region.
- Qantas in a changing world: quantifies refocused international strategy and limits capital exposure [1 comment]
- Virgin Australia claims an international network larger than Qantas, but still some way to go [1 comment]
- Melbourne and Sydney airports wage PR wars with strategic partnerships
- Australian resource flying to further expand to east coast, possibly internationally in medium-term
- AirAsia X and Scoot help make Sydney Australia's hub for low-cost long-haul carriers