Wataniya cancels four routes, pulls back on a fifth
Kuwait-based premium carrier Wataniya Airways announced it plans to suspend services to Amman, Bahrain, Damascus and Jeddah and reduce the frequency of operations to Dubai. In a major downsizing, the carrier’s fleet will be cut from seven to four aircraft, and it is studying options to cut its workforce. The changes will commence from 05-Dec-2010. [950 words]
Instantly get access to this article now for USD15.00.
This report contains the following subheadings:
- A difficult birth
- Intense local competition hurts Kuwaiti carriers
This report contains the following charts and tables:
- Watinaya destinations and frequencies
- Kuwait Airport capacity share
- Wataniya frequency and capacity share
CAPA Help Centre
- Forgotten your password?
- Forgotten your CAPA Membership level?
- Contact us today about a CAPA Membership quote!
Telephone: +61 2 9241 3200