Virgin Blue Group's financial position under pressure, but load factors stabilise
Since its announcement of a first half loss of AUD101.4 million (to 31 December 2008), Virgin Blue’s share price has been volatile, having fallen from AUD0.28 on 25-Feb-09 to AUD0.15 on 12-Mar-09, before rebounding to a price of AUD0 25.5 cents on 31-Mar-09 – still some 80% below its 52 week high of AUD1.27. [1148 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Load factor gap narrows
- Sale and leaseback deal with BOC Aviation
- Despite overall contraction - some routes to grow
- USA route surprise - interline deal with Delta, but...
- Domestic government business a priority
Graphs and data:
- Virgin Blue share price: 01-Apr-08 to 31-Mar-09
- Virgin Blue passenger traffic growth (RPK) vs passenger capacity growth (ASK): Mar-08 to Feb-09
- Virgin Blue passenger numbers growth vs passenger load factor:
Mar-08 to Feb-09
- Capacity share (%) on SYD-LAX route: Week commencing 06-Apr-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.