Shanghai Airport's shares gained 1.5% yesterday, although the airport is experiencing a marked slowdown in international traffic gains that were averaging 20%-plus until Jan-2011. Overall passenger numbers gained 6.9% last month.
Shanghai Pudong Airport monthly passenger numbers: 2009 to 2011
Pudong Airport's traffic highlights in Apr-2011 were as follows:
- Passenger numbers: 3,431,200, +6.9% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 1,834,100, +11.5%;
- International: 1,170,600, +2.3%;
- Regional: 426,500, +1.5%;
- Cargo volume: 278,600 tonnes, -2.7%;
- Domestic: 31,400 tonnes, -4.0%;
- International: 212,000 tonnes, +0.2%;
- Regional: 35,200 tonnes, -16.2%;
- Aircraft movements: 28,735, +6.4%;
- Domestic: 14,999, +5.9%;
- International: 10,358, +8.6%;
- Regional: 3,050, +6.2%.
Meanwhile, shares in Australian Infrastructure Fund gained 2.7% on stronger traffic at Melbourne Airport.
Selected ABD daily share price movements (% change): 20-May-2011
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.