Precision Air hopes IPO will see expansion plans take-off
Precision Air’s Initial Public Offering (IPO) will take place on 07-Oct-2011 when the carrier is listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange. Tanzania’s largest airline plans to use funds raised from the rights issue to fund fleet and route expansion. Tanzania’s transport sector is underdeveloped, although steps are being taken to encourage investment and improve infrastructure, in particular at rural airports. Better infrastructure will help drive domestic and regional trade, move the economy away from a reliance on agriculture and support tourism growth, all growing and important sectors in the Tanzanian economy. [2115 words]
Instantly get access to this article now for USD15.00.
This report contains the following subheadings:
- Precision Air trumps national carrier, Air Tanzania
- Small but ready-to-grow network
- Local competition poses little threat
- Investment in an underdeveloped transport sector finally begins
- Low intra-Africa trade
- Tourism an important revenue provider
- Precision’s network expansion will better tourism and the economy
This report contains the following charts and tables:
- Precision Air full year profit results: 2011
- Precision Air fleet data
- Precision Air’s route map
- Precision Air’s domestic route map
- Precision Air, Air Tanzania, Fly540 Tanzania, ZanAir comparison
- United Republic of Tanzania international capacity per week (seats) by carrier: 26-Sep-2011 to 02-Oct-2011
- Dar es Salaam International Airport to Kilimanjaro Airport capacity (seats per week, one way): 04-Jul-2011 to 04-Mar-2012
- Dar es Salaam International Airport to Zanzibar Kisauni Airport capacity (seats per week, one way): 04-Jul-2011 to 04-Mar-2012
- Top 10 routes in East Africa by capacity (seats per week): week commencing 26-Sep-2011
- Dar es Salaam International Airport capacity (seats per week) by carrier: 26-Sep-2011 to 02-Oct-2011
- Tanzania’s trade with main partners: 2010
- Tanzania visitor arrivals: 1995-2009
- Tanzania visitor arrivals by purpose of visit: 2001-2009
CAPA Help Centre
- Forgotten your password?
- Forgotten your CAPA Membership level?
- Contact us today about a CAPA Membership quote!
Telephone: +61 2 9241 3200