Oman Air makes a careful but costly transformation
The process of building a national carrier can be a long and potentially painful one. While building a national carrier from scratch has been done with notable success and alacrity in the Gulf region, revamping an existing airline into a national carrier is never as easy, as witnessed by Oman Air, which has now suffered three years of increasingly sharp losses. [1613 words]
Instantly get access to this article now for USD15.00.
This report contains the following subheadings:
- A maturing network
- Another impressive year of growth
- Losses continue to mount
- Aiming to turn a profit, once transformation is complete
This report contains the following charts and tables:
- Oman Air route map
- Oman Air passenger traffic: 2001 to 2010
- Oman Air ASKs, RPKs and average load factor: 2001 to 2010
- Muscat International Airport passenger traffic: 2001 to 2010
- Oman Air net profit/loss: 2001-2010
CAPA Help Centre
- Forgotten your password?
- Forgotten your CAPA Membership level?
- Contact us today about a CAPA Membership quote!
Telephone: +61 2 9241 3200