LCCs chase American Airlines from Boston-San Francisco
It is absolutely not news that low-cost carriers have had – and continue to have – a profound impact on the airline industry. Now, comes news that American Airlines is abandoning the Boston-San Francisco nonstop market after 12 years, with plans to cut the twice daily roundtrips in Nov-2010. [749 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
Graphs and data:
- Historical yield - American system compared to BOS-SFO
- Airline capacity (ASMs): Jan-2009 to Mar-2010
- US airline load factors (%): Jan-2009 to Mar-2010
- Capacity (ASMs) compared to average fares: 1Q2009 to 1Q2010
- Airline system yield compared to BOS-SFO
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.