Kingfisher captures over a quarter of the contracting domestic market
Ministry of Civil Aviation reports India’s domestic market contracted 4.4% year-on-year in May-2009. In the period, Kingfisher Airlines increased its passenger numbers by 70.6%. However, this is the aggregate of both Kingfisher and Deccan traffic, which has been combined since Nov-2008
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Loans and a stake sale to foreign investors are among plans to increase working capital
- Takes first step with Kingfisher codeshare alliance
- Commences Middle East expansion and shifts domestic services to low cost market
- Executive Vice President resigns
Graphs and data:
- Kingfisher Airlines domestic passenger numbers (thousands) and year-on-year change (%): Jun-2008 to May-2009
- Indian carriers domestic market share: May-2009
- Features of proposed Kingfisher Airlines and Jet Airways alliance
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.