JetBlue Airways' shrinking for first time in its history
JetBlue transported 21.9 million passengers in 2008, a 2.5% year-on-year increase. Traffic (RPMs) increased 1.3% year-on-year, on a 1.7% capacity (ASMs) increase (JetBlue only commenced service to two new cities in 2008, compared with 16 in 2007), resulting in a 0.3 ppt load factor reduction. [819 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Caribbean/Latin America growth to continue despite capacity reductions
- Beefs up Boston operations
- Starts 2009 with new Executive appointments
Graphs and data:
- JetBlue passenger number growth: Jan-03 to Dec-08
- JetBlue Airways capacity growth (ASK) growth: Jan-04 to Nov-08
- Boston Logan International Airport capacity share by carrier (seats per week as % of total): Week commencing 19-Jan-09
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.