India’s traffic on the rise, but Sep-2009 marked by pilot strikes
India’s Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) reports domestic passenger numbers rose 31.3% year-on-year to 3.5 million in Sep-2009. The market, which contracted for 12 consecutive months up to Jun-2009, is showing signs of recovery off lower base levels in the previous corresponding period. Traffic bottomed out in Dec-2008 when passenger numbers slumped 21.7% year-on-year to 3.0 million. [522 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
Graphs and data:
- Indian carriers domestic passenger numbers and passenger number growth: Sep-08 to Sep-09
- Jet Airways domestic passenger numbers and passenger number growth: Sep-08 to Sep-09
- Indian carriers seat factor: Sep-2009
- % of on-time departures by foreign carriers: Sep-2009
- % of on-time arrivals by foreign carriers: Sep-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.