GVK seeking bigger slice of Bangalore and Mumbai Airports
Bangalore International Airport Ltd (BIAL) announced a major ownership change in early Dec-2009, with GVK Power & Infrastructure Ltd (GVKPIL) acquiring Larsen & Toubro’s 17% stake in the airport operator. The acquisition, valued at USD2.28 per share, totalled USD149.1 million and increased GVKPIL’s stake in BIAL to 29%. This values BIAL at USD877.1 million. [818 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Bengaluru Airport reports third consecutive month of domestic traffic growth
- GVKPIL expanding “presence in the airports business”, interested in a larger stake of Mumbai Airport
- Mumbai Airport reports strong domestic traffic growth, international traffic disappoints
- New Airports Economic Regulatory Authority considering rise in development fees at Bangalore and Mumbai
Graphs and data:
- Bangalore International Airport passenger traffic growth (% change year-on-year): Sep-2008 to Sep-2009
- Mumbai International Airport passenger traffic growth (% change year-on-year): Sep-2008 to Sep-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.