China Guangzhou Baiyun Airport (-1.3%) shares lost ground on Tuesday (26-Oct-2010). On the same day the airport reported a revenue jump of 20%.
The following financial highlights are for the three months ended 30-Sep-2010 (according to Chinese Accounting Standards):
- Revenue*: USD144.5 million, +20.4% year-on-year;
- Operating costs: USD86.7 million, +23.5%;
- Operating profit: USD38.7 million, +38.2%;
- Net profit: USD27.3 million, +46.0%;
- Total assets: USD1,573 million, -6.7%;
- Total liabilities: USD589.7 million, -18.2%.
China’s Shenzhen Airport (+0.8%) revenue up 9.8% - financial highlights for the three months ended 30-Sep-2010 (according to Chinese Accounting Standards):
- Revenue: USD71.1 million, +9.8% year-on-year;
- Operating costs: USD40.4 million, +31.3%;
- Operating profit: USD33.1 million, +29.3%;
- Net profit: USD25.8 million, +2.2%;
- Total assets: USD949.9 million, -1.4%;
- Total liabilities: USD96.2 million, -40.3%.
*Based on the conversion rate at USD1 = CNY6.6628
Meanwhile, the Shanghai Composite Index dropped 9.88, or 0.3%, to 3,041.54. The CSI 300 Index fell 0.4% to 3,466.08.
See related CAPA profile: Financial results
Turkey’s TAV Airports (-3.1%) shares also lost ground on Tuesday. TAV reported a revenue jump of 23% for the nine months ended 30-Sep-2010:
- Revenue*: EUR593.8 million, +23% year-on-year;
- Aeronautical: EUR155.1 million, +28%;
- Sales of duty free: EUR120.0 million, +13%;
- Ground handling: EUR121.4 million, +35%;
- Commission from duty free sales: EUR56.9 million, +10%;
- Catering: EUR34.5 million, +24%;
- Other: EUR105.8 million, +22%;
- EBITDA*: EUR172.5 million, +28%;
- Net profit: EUR39.4 million, +12%;
*Adjusted by including guaranteed passenger fee revenues from airports in Ankara and Izmir
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 26-Oct-2010
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.