Flybe prepared to face industry “triple whammy”
Flybe CCO, Mike Rutter, stated the industry was currently “facing a triple whammy” of record fuel prices, decreasing consumer demand for discretionary leisure travel and increasing government taxation, though he considers the biggest test for carriers in the long term is about “how relevant they are in this fast-changing world”. [950 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Rigorous fuel hedging strategy
- To focus on city-centre destinations
- Expanding business market
- Signs interline agreement with Hahn
- Launches Flybe connections
Graphs and data:
- Flybe destination map: Aug-08
- Flybe route capacity share by country: Week commencing 11-Aug-08
- Flybe's interline partners: Aug-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.