Cathay Pacific demand stalls as capacity surges
Cathay Pacific carried just 0.5% more passengers in Aug-08, despite growing capacity (ASKs) by 14% year-on-year. General Manager Revenue Management, Tom Owen, stated the Beijing Olympics and the impact of the two typhoons that hit Hong Kong had a "negative impact on passenger numbers for the month”. [767 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Premium demand shows signs of softening
- Cargo also slumps in Aug-08
- Investing for long-term - construction starts on freight terminal
- Cargo and training contracts signed
Graphs and data:
- Cathay Pacific's passenger capacity growth by region (% change year-on-year): Sep-07 to Aug-08
- Cathay Pacific's passenger load factor growth (declines) by region (ppts change year-on-year): Aug-08
- Cathay Pacific's passenger load factor by region (%): Sep-07 to Aug-08
- Cathay Pacific's passenger numbers growth vs cargo volume growth
(% change year-on-year: Sep-07 to Aug-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.