- Passenger numbers: 2.0 million, +0.1% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 20,449 tonnes, -10.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 23,004, -1.8%.
- Total commercial revenue: EUR25.4 million, -6.8% year-on-year;
- Airside: n/a, -9.1%;
- Landside: n/a, -3.8%;
- Revenue per departing pax: EUR25.7, -6.9%;
- Airside: n/a, -9.2%;
- Landside: n/a, -3.9%. [more]
- *Based on the conversion rate at EUR1 = CHF1.51
Rival Vienna Airport’s shares gained 0.7%, while Copenhagen Airport gained 0.1% in trading yesterday, after reporting yet another month of disappointing traffic results. Passenger numbers at Copenhagen Airport fell 8% in Sep-2009, a further deterioration from the 7.6% decline reported in Aug-2009.
Rome airports still below expectations
Aeroporti di Roma traffic highlights in Sep-2009:
- Passenger numbers: 3.6 million, -4.3% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 12,236 tonnes, -10.9%;
- Aircraft movements: 33,358, -8.4%;
- Rome Fiumicino: 28,391, -9.3%;
- Rome Ciampino: 4,967, -2.7%.
Auckland Airport to raise NZD125 million in bonds
In the Asia Pacific region, Auckland Airport’s shares rose 1.6% after the airport announced plans to raise NZD125 million (USD92.3 million) in fresh capital, selling five-year bonds to retail investors. No further details were disclosed but the latest offer is expected to open later this month. The airport previously sold NZD25 million of seven-year bonds in a private placement in Aug-2009.
Meanwhile, Shenzhen Airport’s shares closed down 0.9% yesterday. The airport reported double-digit increases in Sep-2009 traffic, but off a weak base in 2008. The 13.8% growth in passenger numbers is also a marked decline from the +23.7% growth reported last month:
- Passenger numbers: 1.9 million, +13.8% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 62,700 tonnes, +15.9%;
- Aircraft movements: 16,700, +10.8%.
Elsewhere in the Asia Pacific region, Australian Infrastructure Fund and MAp’s shares closed down 2.5% and 0.4%, respectively.
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 12-Oct-2009
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.