AirAsia's fourth cross-border JV: Vietnam. Next stop: The Philippines (then India and North Asia)?
AirAsia has at last broken into the high potential Vietnam aviation market, revealing the acquisition of a 30% stake in a local airline. This is the carrier's fourth ASEAN venture (after Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia) and setting it on course to tackle its next ASEAN ambition; a venture in The Philippines. The Vietnam venture pits it against its new strategic partner, Jetstar and its local JV, Jetstar Pacific. [1494 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- AirAsia getting closer to ASEAN dream
- First JV knocked back
- Tough 18 months for Vietnam
- Jetstar Pacific’s troubles in Vietnam
- Good timing for AirAsia
- Details of the new Vietnam joint venture
- Outlook: Vietnam ticked; Next stop: The Philippines ...then India and North Asia?
Graphs and data:
- Vietnam international tourist arrivals: 1Q2008 to 3Q2009
- International Visitor Numbers (Vietnam): 2000 to 2012F
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.