Air India pilot’s strike over – but capitulation on incentive payments will not augur well for long
A four-day strike by Air India executive pilots may have ended (as of 01-Oct-2009) after a compromise was reached between pilots and management regarding a cut in productivity-linked incentives (PLI) payments, but the longer term resolution to this issue will be a crucial test of the government’s resolve to fix the carrier’s core problems. [1191 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- An early equity infusion from Delhi – perhaps or perhaps not
- Star Alliance membership still somewhat distant
- Aug-2009 domestic traffic figures were in positive territory
- The LCC road looks more promising
Graphs and data:
- Air India passenger numbers and passenger numbers growth (% change year-on-year): Aug-2008 to Aug-2009
- Air India domestic market share: Aug-2006 to Aug-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.