Air France-KLM’s shares eased 1.1% (as the broader CAC 40 index dropped 1.4%) yesterday, as it revealed a 0.2 ppt decrease in Nov-2009 load factor. Air France-KLM reported unit revenues last month - as in October - are “progressively recovering”, “relative to previous months”, both in premium and economy class.
Air France-KLM group RPK growth and Ask growth: Nov-08 to Nov-09
Air France-KLM reported the following traffic highlights by region:
- European network traffic fell 3.5% with capacity down by 3.1%. The load factor was almost stable at 65.4% (-0.3 points).
- Americas network, the decline in traffic (-3.3%) was well below the reduction in capacity (-5.2%) leading to a 1.7 point increase in load factor to 82.8%.
- The Asia network recorded a drop in traffic of 3.1% with capacity down 2.0%. The load factor declined by 0.9 points to 82.8%.
- Africa and Middle East network traffic fell 3.0% with capacity down by 1.1%. The load factor gave up 1.5 points to 75.3%.
- The Caribbean and Indian Ocean network recorded a 2.8% drop in traffic with stable capacity (+0.1%). As a result the load factor declined 2.5 points to 84.2%.
The carrier reported a 3.7 ppt improvement in cargo load factor to (72.4%) with a “strong improvement in unit revenue”, reflecting “more dynamic activity” last month.
Europe selected airlines daily share price movements (% change): 08-Dec-09
Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.