CAPA AeroPark today announced details of a series of 3-day international executive programmes for aviation professionals, to be held at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai on 1-3 November 2012. Kapil Kaul, CEO South Asia, CAPA – Centre for Aviation said, “CAPA AeroPark was established with a mission of bringing world class aviation education and training to fast growth emerging markets and we are proud to be launching this inaugural series of courses in conjunction with the leading global universities and executive training organisations. The preliminary marketing of the courses has already elicited a strong response not only from India, but from across South Asia, the Gulf, the Indian Ocean islands and even parts of Africa.”
Mr Kaul added, “Given the dynamism and complexity of the aviation industry, the leaders of tomorrow cannot rely on traditional models from the past. These courses are therefore designed to achieve both professional development and personal growth. It was important to us to develop practical formats designed to stimulate innovation, productivity and performance, critical attributes in these challenging times.” CAPA AeroPark Executive Education will shortly publish an extensive calendar of day, residential and online courses to be held in 2013/14.
The courses on offer include:
Leadership Development for Aviation Executives: in conjunction with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA, the leading aviation and aerospace university in the world. Aviation industry leaders must be equipped to negotiate an increasingly complex and competitive landscape. They must be problem solvers, capable of seeing things from new perspectives and armed with excellent decision-making skills. This highly interactive workshop is designed to provide senior executives with a practical tool kit of ideas, models and frameworks which can be immediately used to lead their organisations.
Airport Management, Development & Finance: in conjunction with HAS Development Corporation, an affiliate of the Houston Airport System, one of the largest airport systems in the world. With billions of dollars being invested in the airport sector the application of best practices in airport financing, development and management can have a significant positive impact on the overall efficiency of the aviation value chain and the returns generated for investors and owners. In this intensive course participants will learn about global benchmarks across core airport disciplines and will be taught the management techniques to implement these practices to create and maximise value.
International Aviation Law & Policy: in conjunction with the International Aviation Law Institute, De Paul College of Law, Chicago, USA and the International Institute of Air & Space Law, University of Leiden, Netherlands. This course, delivered by some of the most respected global experts in their field, will provide executives with exposure to critical topics in international aviation law and policy including bilateral air services agreements; regional liberalisation initiatives; international alliances and cross-border mergers; liability for passengers, baggage and cargo; aircraft financing, leasing and investment vehicles; and aviation environmental law.
Communications, Navigation & Surveillance for ATM Professionals: in conjunction with Airways International, a division of the air navigation services provider of New Zealand, and a recognised global specialist in air traffic control training. Air traffic management is evolving rapidly with the advent of new technologies and the implementation of innovative procedures to increase efficiency and to be able to handle the growth in traffic. This course will cover future trends in communications, navigation, surveillance and air traffic management including the latest developments in global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) and automatic dependent surveillance (ADS).
CAPA India Aviation Summit update - more speakers confirm!
The CAPA AeroPark Executive Education programmes will follow on directly after the CAPA India Aviation Summit to be held on 30-31 October 2012, set to be the most senior gathering of industry leaders ever assembled in South Asia. The current speaker line-up includes:
- India Ministry of Civil Aviation: Ajit Singh, Minister of Civil Aviation
- India Ministry of Civil Aviation: K.N.Shrivastava, Secretary Civil Aviation
- Sri Lanka Ministry of Civil Aviation: Dr. R. Ruberu, Secretary Civil Aviation
- Maldives Ministry of Transport: Mohammed Latheef, Secretary Transport (to be confirmed)
- Air Arabia: Adel Ali, CEO
- Air India: Rohit Nandan, Chairman & Managing Director
- Air India: Deepak Brara, Director Commercial
- Airports Authority of India: V.P.Agrawal, Chairman
- CAPA - Centre for Aviation: Peter Harbison, Executive Chairman
- Fraport: Christoph Nanke, VP Global Investments & Management
- GMR Airports: P.S.Nair, CEO Go Air: Giorgio de Roni, CEO (invited)
- ICICI Venture: Manikkan Sangameshwaram, President - Infrastructure
- IndiGo Airlines: Aditya Ghosh, President
- Indigo Partners: Bill Franke, Managing Partner
- Jet Airways: Nikos Kardassis, CEO
- Jet Airways: Sudheer Raghavan, Chief Commercial Officer
- Mumbai International Airport: Rajeev Jain, CEO
- Nik Gowing: International Journalist & Broadcaster
- SBI Macquarie Infrastructure Management: Suresh Goyal, CEO
- SpiceJet: Neil Mills, CEO
- Zurich International Airport: Christian Sigg, VP International Business Development
About CAPA AeroPark
CAPA AeroPark is a joint venture between CAPA India, the leading aviation advisory, research and knowledge practice in South Asia, and SCDC, a premier Bangalore-based real estate developer. The partnership was launched with a mission of bringing world class aviation education and training to fast growth emerging markets.